Friday, April 25, 2008

Let's take it from the top

This is my first blog post and I think I'll start with a recap of my life from May 10, 1963 to today in a single post.














It all started with my birth from Jamaican parents in Red Deer, a small town in Alberta, Canada. Then a childhood filled with moves - Mandeville Jamaica, Miami, FL, Rochester NY, Berrien Springs MI, Columbia MD all before college.














1979









1994

I've always loved cars, which is ironic since I live in Manhattan NYC and haven't had a car since 2000.

But I digress. Spent my years of higher learning at Stanford and Berkeley where I made good on the special provided to me by the National Merit Scholarship other charitable foundations dedicated to helping an immigrant of color grasp the American dream.


After graduating I moved to New York and pursued my dream of becoming a big time TV executive - the kind that poses vainly next to TV sets in hotel rooms.


Well after 20 years in TV with CBS, Disney, ABC, and Food Network, I've gotten better at being a TV exec, at least in pictures.


For the last 13 years my partners in crime has been my beloved wife Marchette (Ph.D and part-time model) - how did a bum like me get so lucky.



And last but not least the two who complete our family, Marty and Mindy.







No comments: