Saturday, May 10, 2008

Why I Like May

May has always been a good month for me.


It was the month I got my acceptance letters Stanford and the month I won a scholarship to help pay for college.




It was the month I was hired back in 1986 by Young and Rubicam in New York as an Assistant Account Executive, my first full-time career job.




In May 1989 I continued fullfilling my boyhood dream of making into big time network TV when I attended my second CBS Affiliates Meeting. It was pretty cool hob nobbing with network TV execs and stars out in LA at the legendary Century Plaza Hotel.








They used to hire big time stars like Ray Charles and Barbara Streisand to perform for the local CBS TV station managers and their spouses.




The glory days of network TV are long gone now. They no longer do these kinds of meetings anymore. But I still stay at the Century Plaza every once in a while.





I won a cool award for entertainment marketing in May 2003, a nice cap to my 15th year in the TV business. The award was presented to my in LA at, you guessed it, the Century Plaza Hotel.




In two weeks, on May 21, I'm taking another business trip to LA. Maybe I'll book a room at the Century Plaza like this one for old times sake.




May is also the month that I fulfilled another dream when I went to the Indy 500 in 2006.






I almost forgot, May is also special since I celebrate my birthday every May 10th, like I did in the office last year...




...and with my darling wife this week just before our annual b-day dinner together.


No comments: